Husqvarna YTH24V54 Review
Editor Rating - 8.6/10
Customer Rating - 8.4/10
Husqvarna is one of the biggest manufacturers of riding mowers, and it has been a big name in the industry for several decades. Their dominance is not a mistake as their products have been consistently great and getting better with every generation. The YTH24V54 is no exception to the rule as it is a high-tech update to its predecessor. It is a superior lawn tractor with a wide variety of great features. For example, it utilizes a new hydrostatic transmission to allow the drive to change speeds smoothly and quickly with the gas pedal. Other noteworthy features include an electrically engaged blade and cruise control for convenience. Everything about this tractor is high-end and that quality is reflected in the price tag - if you’re looking for something made to last, however, the money will be well spent in this model.
- 54” wide cutting deck with three individual blades
- Hydrostatic transmission for continuously variable speeds while mowing
- Briggs and Stratton 24 Horsepower v-twin Engine
- Customizeable options including seating, deck height, and wide range of accessories
- Powerful engine combined with rigid frame allows it to pull heavy loads
- Comfortable and convenient to operate thanks to many automatic features
- Does moderately well with hills and slopes
- Expensive mower for private use
- Cuts tall grass so fast that the chute gets clogged occasionally
- Turns require a lot of force due to the weight of the mower
- Cornering is not the best with a 16” turning radius
The Husqvarna YTH24V54 performs well as both a mower and a tractor. The deck is better than most others in the same price range and is built to last with the proper maintenance. Its wide cutting path and moderately fast speeds allow the mower to cover lots of area quickly. We believe that it’s best suited for a lawn at least an acre in size and up to five acres. The massive engine puts out plenty enough power for the wheels and blade. Its power combined with the rigid frame allows this tractor to pull nearly anything – simply attach whatever you desire to the included towing hook. This makes the mower perfect for tilling, fertilizing, and other gardening tasks.
Being from Husqvarna means several different things for the YTH24V54. Firstly, this is a high-quality mower with decades of improvements and modifications. These changes show up in the several electrical components of the mower which automate many functions. It makes the tractor perfectly suited for beginners and advanced users alike. The superiority of the mower does come at a comparatively high price, but we believe that the money spent on this model will be a great investment for many years to come. It is built to last and is a great investment for property owners with lawns an acre or more. We highly recommend this tractor for anyone looking to buy a machine made to cut grass quickly and perform heavy duty gardening tasks. Although the Husqvarna is no ztr mower, it still packs quite a punch.