Snapper Hi-Vac SP Mower Review
Editor Rating - 7.6/10
Customer Rating - 7.8/10
The Snapper is a powerful mower packed with some premium features. It consistently delivers a great cut, and is made with quality components. Many people swear by their Snappers and this model is no exception. In the end, the only thing dragging this excellent mower down in value is the high price.
Let’s take a deeper look
|Ignition Method:||Pull-cord start|
|Engine:||Briggs and Stratton 850|
|Drive:||Rear Wheel Drive|
|Included Accessories:||Rear bag|
|Speed:||Variable up to 4.0 mph|
|Clipping Discharge:||Rear bag/Mulch/Side Discharge|
|Consumer Warranty:||3 years|
- Power: The Snapper’s 190cc Briggs and Stratton engine is a behemoth. This is the strongest engine available on a push mower, and the American made engine will last for years. One user wrote that she first purchased a Snapper mower in 1977, and only replaced the engine twice in thirty nine years. This is a testament to the quality of the engine and mower. If you have tough to cut grass (eh hem St. Augustine grass) or oftentimes have to cut wet grass then this is the mower for you.
- Convenience: One of the biggest hassles with lawn mowing is dealing with the lawn clippings lying everywhere. Most bags are too small to collect all the debris without taking multiple trips. On the other hand, some mowers lack the suction required to propel all the clippings into the rear bag. This mower solves both of those problems with its Hi-Vac system. The rolled deck and uplifting motion of the blade projects all the grass into the bag, and keeps the lawn looking clean. Finally, the bag is a spacious 2.5 bushel receptacle, so you can mow your entire lawn without stopping to change the bag.
- Quality: The ten inch wheels have ball bearings, so they turn more smoothly, last longer, and cause less damage to your lawn. Additionally, they have a lot of traction which makes for easier turns. I know from experience how hard it can be to turn some mowers, so it’s good to know Snapper is paying attention to the small details that make a big difference.
- Higher Price: The mower is around $200 more than its competitors. As we have discussed with other expensive mowers, if you can afford to buy a high quality mower we recommend it. Especially, if you mow frequently then it makes sense to buy a well crafted machine that will give you years of hassle-free service.
- Assembly/shipping: Some purchasers report that assembly can be difficult, or that they received defective parts. These problems are sporadic, but if they happen Amazon will gladly accept returns. I know it may be a hassle, but this mower is too great to pass up due to fears of broken parts.
The Snapper Hi-Vac Mower (P2185020) is an exceptionally strong piece of mowing equipment. Its bagging features are unparalleled and the quality of each component will provide you with years of use. Yes, the price is expensive, but consider this an investment in your lawn’s future. Since your lawn can’t talk we will translate for it “Thank you.”